This itinerary is suitable for the time-constrained travellers, who’s main objective is to partake in the Mountain Gorilla trekking in the Volcanoes National Park.
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Kinigi, Ruhengeri Hotel
• Pick up from the Airport or your Hotel in Kigali and transfer to your hotel in Kinigi, Ruhengeri.
• An afternoon scenic drive through the splendid volcanic mountain landscapes in Kinigi, Ruhengeri
• Return to your Hotel for Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in the Volcanoes National Park
• Pick up from the hotel to head for briefing at the Volcanoes National Park headquarters at 8:30AM. (NB: Remember to carry packed Lunch with you!) The briefing will go through all the safety rules to be observed during Gorilla trekking.
• You will then be allocated a Gorilla family group to trek and guides who will lead you to the Gorillas.
• It takes up to 40 minutes and 4 hours, along steep slippery grounds in the heart of the forest to reach a designated gorilla family. Although, the reward of coming across the Gorilla groups outweighs any difficulty.
• The encounter with the gorillas will last one unforgettable hour.
• Return to the hotel and transfer to the Kigali.
Price per person
• Luxury with 5-Star hotel: 2650$
• Mid-range with 4-Star hotel: 2150$
• Entry level with 3-Star hotel: 1900$
• Luxury Lodge – Virunga Lodge.
• Mid-Range Lodge – Five Volcanoes.
• Budget Lodge – Gorilla hotel.
• Gorilla Trekking Permit (1500$pp)
• Transportation in a 4×4 Land Cruiser.
• A professional driver/guide.
• Vehicle entry.
• Accommodation and Meals.
• Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
• Alcoholic beverages
• Personal Insurance
• International flights